The Process of Designing a Memorial
Basic Asked QuestionsWho is the memorial for?
- What names are to be on the memorial?
- What are the dates to be on the memorial?
- What Cemetery
- What is the placement location within the cemetery
Are there any restrictions to what can be done?
- Are vases allowed?
- Is the Concrete foundation already present at the cemetery? If so, what is the size?
- (We have most cemetery's information on file)
- Granite is the most durable and our primary material
- Can the memorial be upright?
Family Preferences for the Memorial
- Are we matching or coordinating any family memorials
- Shape of the memorial.
- Overall size of the memorial.
- Is it within your budget? We want to help you get what you want within your budget.
- Flowers, symbols, Crosses, etc..
- Are we matching any family members memorials?
- Faith, occupation, or hobbies, etc.
- Pictures - Ceramic or Etched (Please bring High quality photos for this aspect))
Vase or Vases and matching or coordinating color with the memorial?
- US Veteran
Additional Accessories (candles, solar lights, etc...)
Schedule a meeting with a Caldwell Family Service Representative.
- Personal Appointment, Phone, or Email. What works best for you.
- Give our representative the information needed to design a personalized memorial.
- We will develop your ideas into a memorial
- We will give you a quote for the overall memorial
Producing the Memorial & Placement
- Sign the Purchase Agreement.
- Arrange the Payment.
- Final Design Approval.
- Detailed Computerized Design will be presented for Final Approval. Names and Dates must be checked at this time. This computerized Design MUST be signed to proceed.
- Signing the Computerized Design indicates the exact engraving will be done as shown. This is FINAL APPROVAL.
- During the above, Final Design Approval stage
- Obtaining the material. If not in inventory, this step can sometimes take the longest depending upon where the material is coming from.
- Order or pour the foundation at the cemetery. (This step is HIGHLY dependent upon the weather).
- Installing the memorial in the cemetery.
- If weather is permitting in Indiana, we can place the memorial in the cemetery during the winter months. (Foundations usually are NOT able to be placed during the winters months)
- You will be notified when the memorial is in place at the cemetery.
If you have questions that were not addressed above, please refer to the FAQ section of this website or Contact us.
Why not make a conscious decision about the way you'll be remembered? Why shouldn't a memorial be a useful and beautiful part of the places that you love? This video shows one couple that has chosen to change the way they will be remembered.
How Do You Want to Be Remembered?
The Role of a Monument in Genealogy.A grave marker is one of the only pieces of artwork that an average family will ever buy. These hand-made tributes to the life of a loved one serve many important purposes for a grieving family, but they are also an important permanent record that will tell an individual's story to the generations that follow.
"Write your worries in the sand and carve your memories in stone"