The Process Of Designing A Memorial
Basic Asked Questions
Who is the memorial for?
- What names are to be on the memorial?
- What are the dates to be on the memorial?
Where will the memorial be placed?
- What Cemetery
- What is the placement location within the cemetery
What are the cemetery regulations?
- Are there any restrictions to what can be done?
- Are vases allowed?
- Is the Concrete foundation already present at the cemetery? If so, what is the size?
- (We have most cemetery’s information on file)
What Material can be used?
- Granite is the most durable and our primary material
- Can the memorial be upright?
Family Preferences for the Memorial
- Are we matching or coordinating any family memorials
Size, Style, and Budget
- Shape of the memorial.
- Overall size of the memorial.
- Is it within your budget? We want to help you get what you want within your budget.
- Flowers, symbols, Crosses, etc..
- Are we matching any family members memorials?
- Faith, occupation, or hobbies, etc.
- Pictures – Ceramic or Etched (Please bring High quality photos for this aspect))
- Vase or Vases and matching or coordinating color with the memorial?
- US Veteran
- Additional Accessories (candles, solar lights, etc…)
Schedule a meeting with a Caldwell Family Service Representative.
- Personal Appointment, Phone, or Email. What works best for you.
- Give our representative the information needed to design a personalized memorial.
- We will develop your ideas into a memorial
- We will give you a quote for the overall memorial
Producing the Memorial & Placement
- Sign the Purchase Agreement.
- Arrange the Payment.
- Final Design Approval.
- Detailed Computerized Design will be presented for Final Approval. Names and Dates must be checked at this time. This computerized Design MUST be signed to proceed.
- Signing the Computerized Design indicates the exact engraving will be done as shown. This is FINAL APPROVAL.
- During the above, Final Design Approval stage
- Obtaining the material. If not in inventory, this step can sometimes take the longest depending upon where the material is coming from.
- Order or pour the foundation at the cemetery. (This step is HIGHLY dependent upon the weather).
- Installing the memorial in the cemetery.
- If weather is permitting in Indiana, we can place the memorial in the cemetery during the winter months. (Foundations usually are NOT able to be placed during the winters months)
- You will be notified when the memorial is in place at the cemetery.
How Do You Want to Be Remembered?
Why not make a conscious decision about the way you’ll be remembered? Why shouldn’t a memorial be a useful and beautiful part of the places that you love? This video shows one couple that has chosen to change the way they will be remembered.
Of all of our three of our locations, our Kokomo location has our largest inventory selection. We carry numerous shapes, sizes, and colors to choose from. Our inventory is just a sample representation of what is possible with granite.
Our Kokomo location is open Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Evening and weekend appointments are available upon request. We do accept walk-ins during regular hours, but those with appointments get first priority, so we recommend making an appointment for us to assist you without having to wait in line.