I’m crafting a memorial for two people, it is important to take not only the couple’s story into account but the stories of either individual. Memorials for two are grand gestures that show off deep love and infection.
From joint traditional uprights to elaborate multi-granite colored set-ups, our designers at each of our Caldwell locations can help you through all the options. For now, continue on and let’s dive into the finer details.
In this article we will cover:
Monument Styles of Memorials for Two People
As we mentioned there are an abundance of options that we have at our disposal to help create you and your loved one in the perfect Memorial. Here are just some of the options that others have used to commemorate their lives together.
- The upright tablet and base option allows from maximum customization and storytelling opportunities. The five above ground faces of the granite can be polished however you like. As well our stone carvers or at your side to help craft the perfect contour like the triple heart monument shown here. With a larger than usual front to back base, this monument also allows for two vases to hold seasonal flowers in memorial.
- Engraved Memorial Benches are unique multi-piece memorials that can be placed in more places than just in the cemetery. Commonly engraved on both “back” and “seat” the bench memorial allows for multiple stories or scenes to be etched or engraved. The names and dates are always present but with bench memorials, and especially our sample bench for the sexton family, each persons particular interest can also be displayed.
Design Elements of Companion Memorials
Here are a few design elements you may want to consider when choosing a companion memorial monument:
- Personalization. A companion memorial can be personalized with inscriptions and other engraved symbols or design features that reflect the memorialized’ life. For companion memorials, that means telling 3 stories, and not just one. For example, each member of the Johnson estate was/is a passionate Christians, and as such the symbol of the cross is present for both. Their wedding date is centered in the unity symbol position as a depiction of lasting love together.
- Granite materials. Single graves are typically made from granite, which is durable and beautiful but also affordable compared with other kinds of stone monuments such as marble or even more expensive limestone. Easily engraved, our granite headstones will stand up to the elements for many years to come.
- Custom inscriptions. Almost solely dependent on the engravable space, adding a custom inscription to the back or upper corners of the memorial design will only aid in telling the story of your loved one. Bible verses, favorite quotes, or even handwriting samples are just some of the options available.
Previous Memorials For Two People
Where to Design and Purchase a Memorial For Two People
While there are many different types of memorials, we hope that this article has helped you understand the best way to memorialize your love for one another as companions.
You should always choose something that feels right for you and your family members—and if you need more help along the way, we’re here for you!
Send us your information at your earliest convenience and one of our trained memorial designers will be right with you.